EBL aggregates relevant and recent titles to provide access to content across academic and professional subject areas. EBL approaches lending differently using technology to make content more accessible, not lock it away with rigid access rules.
Flexible, innovative access models
- Multiple concurrent user access to all titles; no single user restrictions
- Flexible access models include Non-Linear Lending, 3-user, Unlimited Access, and short-term loans, in addition to a range of Demand-Driven Acquisition options
- Non-Linear Lending enables a library to buy one copy of an ebook and lend it simultaneously to multiple patrons while limiting the total number of lending days per year per title
- Full-text search across catalog
- Access ebooks online or download to read offline on computers, tablets and other mobile devices
- Personalized bookshelf provides access to reading history and current loans
- Create bookmarks and add notes
- Read aloud feature for all titles
- Many titles available in ePub and PDF
Streamlined acquisition and reporting tools
- LibCentral, EBL’s administrative tool, offers sophisticated acquisition options with customizable permissions plus real time usage and expenditure reporting.
Seamless integration with existing library processes
- Order and manage ebooks directly in LibCentral, or integrate EBL into existing library workflows with third party book distributors or ILS systems for easy acquisition and catalog management.