LibQUAL® is a suite of services that Libraries use to solicit, track, understand and act upon users' opinions of service quality. Theses services are offered to the library community by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
The program's centerpiece is a rigorously tested Web-based survey bundled with training that helps libraries assess and improve library services, change organizational culture, and market the library. The goals are:
- Foster a culture of excellence in providing library service
- Help libraries better understand user perceptions of libary service quality
- Collect and interpret library user feedback systematically over time
- Provide libraries with comparable assessment information from peer institutions
- Identify best practices in library service
- Enhance library staff members' analytical skills for interpreting and acting on data
Strategic Plan / Report
The strategic plan for the University Libraries includes:
- Statements of vision, mission and core values for the operations of the libraries.
- Planning context
- SWOT analysis ( library Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats)
- Emerging issues and trends to monitor
- Strategic initiatives, goals, strategies and performance measures