Florida A&M University will require every first-time-in-college student entering beginning in Summer B 2018 to demonstrate competency in civic literacy. If a student does not meet the AP or CLEP exam requirements, the student can either take the Civic Literacy Exam provided to them through the Test Service Bureau or take AMH 2020 or POS 2041. Students taking the test will be allowed unlimited attempts and will be encouraged to prepare for the exam through tutorial resources available in Blackboard under the course title – Civic Literacy.
- This Civic Literacy requirement must be met as a FAMU graduation requirement; however, all first-time-in-college students will be urged to fully comply with the requirement before the start of their second year. The student’s transcript and degree audit will note successful completion of this graduation requirement once the student has satisfied it.
- Students who transfer from out-of-state institutions will also be required to demonstrate competency in Civic Literacy, regardless of whether they have passed a Civic Literacy test in another state.
- The 90 minute Florida Civic Literacy Exam will be administered in the computer lab of the Test Service Bureau, University Commons Building, Room 124; Telephone - (850) 599-3333.
- To schedule an appointment to take the Civics Literacy exam please click the link below: https://www2.registerblast.com/famu/Exam/List
- Further information can be obtained from your advisor, if you have additional questions or concerns.
Students may access the Civics Literacy Exam Tutorial via the Blackboard account. The tutorial is located under the course Florida Civic Literacy Requirement.