Computers @ Coleman
We have over 120 computers availabe for student use at Coleman Library.
Computer stations are located in:
- Scholars 1 & 2 (2nd floor)
- Reference (2nd floor)
- Special Collections (4th floor)
- Periodicals (3rd floor)
- Group Study Rooms
- Each branch library
- Microsft Office 2010
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Statistical Software
To save files from Library computers, including laptops:
- Flash drive
- email to yourself, or,
- Student Drive D:\
- Documents saved to the computer will be erased when the computer reboots.
The Digitization Suite has digital production software.
The Suite can be reserved/used for up to 2 hours by calling or visiting the Commons Desk in Coleman 850/ 599-3376.
Reservations will only be held for 15 minutes.
- Microsoft Office 2010, SPSS, SAS
- Final Cut Studio
- Final Cut Pro 6
- Motion 3
- Soundtrack Pro 2
- Compressor 3
- DVD Stuido Pro 4
- Open Office
- Adobe Master CS 4
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Device Central
- Dynamic Link
- Version Cue
- Only 2 students may work in the DIgitization Suite per session and each must have a current Rattler ID.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Users agree to abide by and be governed by the Florida Statute 847.0135 - "Computer Pornography and Child Exploitation Prevention Act"; the FAMU Student Handbook (the FANG); - and the Copyright Law of the United States. Users recognize that penalties for disregarding these policies will result in loss of privileges and may be punishable to the fullest extent of the law.
Please be mindful of noise levels, as the room is not soundproof. Use of headphones are recommended.
We have 2 typewriters available for patron use. Typewriters are available on a first come, first served basis, in Jazzman Cafe and Special Collections, Room 403.
Equipment/ Registration Form
Coleman Library has equipment available for checkout.
Fill out this form to obtain equipment borrowing privileges.
Note: You may type all fields except the signature field in this PDF document. You must submit in person with your Rattler ID.
Equipment Liability & Guidelines
Loan Use and Liability
- Borrowers must submit a registration form and be approved by library staff.
- Upon checkout, equipment is the sole responsibility of the borrower.
- Equipment must be checked out in person, and borrowers must have a current Rattler ID.
- Equipment will be circulated for 2 hours with 1 renewal per 24 hours. Renewals are not permitted if users are more than one hour late.
- Equipment including accessories must be returned to library staff.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if fines exceed $50.00
- Overdue fines for laptops/iPads are $10.00 per hour
- All borrowers must sign a FAMU Libraries Equipment Registration Form, accepting responsibility for the repair or replacement of the laptop (up to $1200) in the event of loss, theft, or damage. This agreement will be signed once per semester and the signed agreement will be kept on file. Replacement cost and prices will be based on current market costs.
- If equipment is more than 12 hours late, FAMU Libraries will treat the equipment as stolen property.
- A printable version of the FAMU Libraries Equipment Registration Form is available for download
- Dell Latitude E5530
- Dell Latitude E5500
- Toshiba Netbook
- Mac Laptop
- Apple iPad
- Other equipment
- Sony eReader
- Nook eReader
- iPod Touch
- Flip camera
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat 9
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Directions to Connect with WiFi
- Double click on the Mozilla Firefox icon on the desktop.
- Once open, the FAMU window to log in will appear.
- Log in with your Rattler ID and password.
- Laptop borrowers that restart the laptop computer or turn it off, ALL FILES ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED. Please make sure to save your files to your USB, the cloud, or email them to yourself.
- The University Libraries are not responsible for lost information. It is the borrowers’ responsibility to properly save and store all user created information and files.
- Remember to check battery life, even though the power cord is with the borrower’s laptop, it is still advised to monitor power life of the laptop.